Treatment For Constipation
Treatment For Constipation: Our treatment for constipation at our Guardian featured Clinic addresses the underlying issues, not just the symptoms. Treatment is tailored to meet each patient’s unique needs.
Treatment for Constipation: What is constipation?
Constipation is a condition in which a person has fewer than three bowel movements a week or has bowel movements with stools that are hard, dry, and small often like rabbit droppings, making them painful or difficult to pass. People often feel bloated or have abdominal discomfort or pain.
Most people get constipated at some point in their lives. Constipation can be acute, which means sudden and lasting a short time, or chronic, which means lasting a long time, sometimes even years.
Functional constipation is diagnosed in people who have had symptoms for at least 6 months and meet the following criteria for the last 3 months before diagnosis:
Two or more of the following symptoms:
- Straining to have a bowel movement at least 25 percent of the time
- Having hard stools at least 25 percent of the time
- Feeling as though a stool is still in the rectum after a bowel movement at least 25 percent of the time
- Feeling as though something is blocking the stool from passing at least 25 percent of the time
- Having fewer than three bowel movements per week
- Rarely passing stools without the use of laxatives
Constipation is often the symptom of an underlying digestive system imbalance or allergy. We aim to diagnose any such issues and formulate a treatment for constipation plan based on the test results. We also have a very experienced Nutritional Therapist that can help you with your diet, according to your likes and dislikes, if you wish to make an appointment with her.
If you would like to book an appointmentContact Deborah’s Medical Secretary for an appointment