Eczema Treatment London
Guardian featured Harley Street IBS, Autoimmune & Skin Clinic addresses the underlying issues, not just the symptoms in Eczema treatment London clinic.
What is Eczema (Atopic dermatitis)?
Atopic dermatitis is an immunological condition, which means it involves the immune system. With atopic dermatitis, your immune system is highly sensitive and can react to even the smallest allergens or irritants. This can cause inflammation underneath your skin, which may lead to frequent flare-ups. So those rashes on the surface are just the visible signs of a deeper inflammatory condition.
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) signs and symptoms vary widely from person to person and include:
- Dry skin
- Itching, which may be severe, especially at night
- Red to brownish-grey patches, especially on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows and knees, and in infants, the face and scalp
- Small, raised bumps, which may leak fluid and crust over when scratched
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching
Atopic dermatitis most often begins before age 5 and may persist into adolescence and adulthood. For some people, it flares periodically and then clears up for a time, even for several years.
Like many conditions, the etiology of eczema is multifactorial. However, we have seen many patients achieve complete resolution with the proper diet, lifestyle, natural medicine and supplemental support.
During treatment we will consider:
- Many patients with eczema have underlying food intolerances and therefore can benefit greatly from food intolerance testing
- Nourish the body with nutrients that support skin health and optimal immune function, whether in food or supplemental form.
- Support gut health
- Address toxicity
- Emphasise stress management
- Recommend strict avoidance of detergents and other topical irritants that can cause skin barrier permeability and exacerbate inflammation
A 28 year old female presenting with lifelong, severe eczema. She had been given steroids to try to manage it:
“I sought Deborah’s expertise after my husband stumbled across the website four months ago. At that point, I honestly felt and was told by doctors that I could be living with my severe eczema for life. In my first consultation she confidently mentioned that she was sure I could recover. Four months on, my skin has nearly completely healed. I no longer have sleepless nights, endless itchiness, raw skin and puffy eyes.
I can’t believe we have gone so far in my treatment in such a short span of time. Deborah really believes it is team work between myself and her. Deborah effectively uses a variety of tests to inform me about my health to provide the right plan of care for my personal health issues.” Saffiyah – London
Our Eczema treatment London clinic approaches the patient as a whole being and not just their skin. We do not have a one size fits all approach.
If you would like to book an appointmentContact Deborah’s Medical Secretary for an appointment